GUADEC 2018 by numbers
It took me a while but now I can gave you some stats from GUADEC 2018, following past year Sam’s example.
They are very rough but I hope informative.
- Attendees: 207 (and about 215 registered), two less than 2017.
- 9 days: 2 days boards meetings, 3 for conferences and 4 for BoFs and workshops.
- 44 talks and videos.
- 35 BoFs and workshops.
- 3 great parties, including the flamenco show by «la Chinelita and group».
- About economics just to say it was very successful. Thanks a lot to our sponsors and donnors. And special kudos to the sponsoring team for such impresive job.
- The medium age was 32.7, from the 143 persons who provided their age. Minimum age was 15 and maxium 61.
- The Spanish attendants were 43, 20.8% of the total. Significative presence from the UK with 20%.
- The maximum of persons per day hosted at Civitas residence where 75. I would have expected a bigger number but some factors affected: GUADEC dates were in high season with a particular peak because some local events (at some point there were not a single room available in Almería city), other was a coincidence with a university summer course and finally many people tried to book at Civitas very late.
The attendees who filled they country of residence, by country:
The GUADEC occupancy at Civitas were:
Thanks Benjamin Berg for helping to collect the data.
Thank you all for visiting us in Almería. Don’t forget to come back :-)
PD: post edited at 2018/11/15 adding details of residence occupancy.